This is a five day (40 hour) course. Structural Collapse Specialist 2 (SCS2) meets NFPA 1006 Standard for Technical Rescue Personnel Professional Qualifications level of Technician. Focus of this course is operating on incidents involving the collapse and failure of Heavy Floor, Pre-Cast Concrete and Steel Frame Construction. Key topics that will be covered: Establishing a plan and requesting appropriate resources, search practices and techniques, heavy building shoring and stabilization, breaching reinforced concrete, cutting/burning steel structural members. accessing hazards related to building collapse, lifting and moving heavy objects, basics of rigging and crane operations.
Senior Instructor: Rich Atwood
Location: North Net Training Center
Date: October 9-13, 2023
Time: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Fee: $ 1,000.00 per individual ( Course Tuition $925.00 + Mandatory SFT Certificate Fee $75.00)
Class size: 48
- Structural Collapse Specialist 1: Operations (SFT) OR
- Rescue Systems 1 (SFT) AND Rescue Systems 2 (SFT)
- Confined Space Rescue: Technician (SFT)
- Powder Actuated Tool Licensing (RAMSET / online certificate)Shall be completed prior to class. Proof of completion will be required the morning of day one. https://www.ramset.com/patlicensing
- Structural Collapse Specialist (FEMA / computer-based training / 2017 or newer edition) – within two years prior to course registration * Shall be completed prior to class. Proof of completion will be required the morning of day one. https://teex.org/class/9p2630/
State Fire Marshall Cert will be available to download upon completion of the course.